Thursday 27 April 2017 12:30pm - 1pm Dance Studio
Take time out of your day to relax, remove stress and replace it with a dose of inner peace.
When we meditate we learn to be aware in the present moment and to develop positive feelings. Over time, mindfulness meditation can bring about a gentle but radical transformation
The class covers the essential aspects of Buddhist meditation
- Posture – how to be comfortable but alert
- Meditating with the breath
- Meditation to develop positivity
- Working with difficulties in meditation
- The connection between body and mind
- How meditation can help in daily life
The class is taught by ordained members of the Triratna Buddhist Order and by those training for ordination. They are well-trained and experienced practitioners, who teach in a friendly, informal way and communicate from their own experience.
What to bring?
You don’t need to bring anything apart from yourself or wear anything special, but you might want some socks as we take our shoes off in the meditation room. Mats and cushions are provided.