Nominations are now open to become an NUS delegate and attend the annual NUS conferences in 2019. This is your opportunity to represent your students’ union and influence the student movement on a national level.
Every year The Union sends students to National Union of Students (NUS) conferences on behalf of students at Manchester Met. At the conferences, students from student unions across the UK gather to discuss and promote students’ rights and issues. The outcome of the conferences shape future NUS decision and policymaking – impacting students on a national level.
This is your chance to meet new people, represent your fellow students and gain some excellent experience. If you get voted in to become an NUS delegate by your fellow students, The Union covers all travel and accommodation costs to attend the conference.
This year MMU students are able to attend the following 10 conferences, voted in by their peers to represent their issues at these events. See more information below for eligibility and numbers of delegate positions available for each conference.
The conferences are:
- National Conference: 9 – 11 April 2019
- International Students' Conference: 29 – 31 January 2019
- Postgraduate Students Conference: 29 – 31 January 2019
- Mature and Part-time Students Conference: 29 – 31 January 2019
- Parents and Carers Conference: 29 – 31 January 2019
- Trans Students’ Conference: 30 – 31 January 2019
- Women Students’ Conference: 5 – 6 March 2019
- Black Students’ Conference: 12 – 13 March 2019
- Disabled Students’ Conference: 8 – 9 May 2019
- LGBT+ Students’ Conference: 22 – 23 May 2019
Log into your account, then hit the link below.
Or, log in and select 'Your Account/Profile', then select 'My Nominations' on the left hand menu
Voting will be open between 30th November - 6th December 2018
5 November: Nominations open.
Any students interested in becoming an NUS deleate will stand for election.
23 November at 16:00: Nominations close.
Deadline to submit your application to stand for election.
28 November: Manifesto deadine.
You need to have submitted your manifesto by this date for a chance to become an NUS delegate.
30 November: Voting opens.
Voting opens for students to choose who they wish to represent them at the various NUS conferences.
6 December at 16:00: Voting closes.
Votes end and we calculate who has been chosen to be an NUS delegate.
6 December: Results announced.
We announce who will be MMU NUS delegates for various 2019 conferences.