When Northmoor Community Association was set up in 2000, the philosophy was simple – create a supportive and welcoming place where people would feel comfortable to come if they have a need. From this it developed into what we offer today, an integral location for community development with a diverse and ever expanding range of services and activities.
The majority of the activities and opportunities offered are free of charge, relying on a mixed portfolio of funding to support the services that are delivered by a dedicated team of 9 part time staff and many volunteers. Organisations and individuals are encouraged by the charity to deliver their own services which have a direct benefit or indirect benefit to the local neighbourhood. From learning how to cook, to accessing free online computer courses, from planting seeds to getting fit, there is something for anyone and everyone to get involved in.
“To help improve the quality of life for people living, working or volunteering within the neighbourhood of Northmoor; relieving poverty, promoting health & wellbeing, advancing skills & learning and providing locally accessible welcoming community facilities for all”
Description of Northmoor Community Diner
The idea behind the Diner is to create a welcoming space for anyone to come to enjoy a freshly cooked meal, meet members of their community and find out what’s going on in the area. The Diner has a Level 5 Food Hygiene rating and is open to everyone in the community every Wednesday 12-2pm. All meals are £1 and there is a different meat (halal) dish, vegetarian dish cooked very week by our dedicated team.
Inductions and Training provided
A full volunteer induction and introduction into the project. You would not be expected to fulfil all aspects of the role immediately; there is the opportunity to shadow staff and other volunteers and learn over time.
It is required by law for everyone serving food to the public to have completed Food Hygiene Level 2 training; we provide this training free through an online course which must be completed before you start. Being aware of Food Allergies is important when serving customers food, so it is highly recommended that you complete this free online course too. Both these courses are industry standard courses that you gain a certificate for on completion.
· Food Hygiene Level 2 (Essential—to be completed within 1 month of starting)
· Safeguarding for Everyone (Essential—to be completed within 1 month of starting)
· Manual Handling Awareness (Essential—to be completed within 1 month of starting)
· Food Allergen Awareness (recommended)
· Health and Safety Level 1 (aspirational)
· Diversity Training (aspirational)
· You are entitled to a free lunch from the menu that week
· You will be paid out-of-pocket expenses such as bus fare
· We provide a professional reference for you after completing 30 hours over 3 months
· You can take advantage of all the free courses, training, events and services we have here a the centre
· You can gain valuable experience which will help improve your job prospects
· You will be invited to all the staff and project meetings and have your thoughts and suggestions heard
· You will meet other volunteers and can be part of the Volunteer Steering group
· You will be celebrated as a volunteer in our Volunteer Celebrations twice a year
· You will feel a sense of reward at helping your local community and meeting a diverse range of people
Minimum commitment level: Once a week
Start Date: 21-04-2021
Start Time: 11:30 PM
End Time: 02:30 PM