Mahdlo is a state-of-the-art youth facility that aims to deliver high quality, innovative activities and experiences for young people from Oldham aged 8-19 (up to 25 for young people with a disability). We do this from our base on Egerton Street and in venues across the borough to ensure that every young person from Oldham has somewhere to go, something to do and someone to talk to. Young people can get involved in dance, boxing, climbing, arts and crafts, drama, football, cricket, pool, table tennis and even just relax with their peers in our chill zone. We are looking for positive role models who can run and assist in activities, encouraging young people to take part. Whether you want experience specifically in youth work or you want to make a difference in your local community, we would love to hear from you.
We require strong marketing campaigns to support the smooth operation of the charity and you could play a big part in raising the profile of the Youth Zone and highlighting the amazing work we do with young people.
A Marketing Volunteer can choose to help either during the daytime or in the evening. Depending on skills and availability, the things a Marketing Volunteer would be helping with include:
• Liaising with Mahdlo staff regarding upcoming activities/projects for press releases and social media activity / promotion
• Supporting staff with website updating
• Writing e-newsletters for supporters (people who donate to the charity)
• Promotion of fundraising activity e.g. upcoming events, companies that are supporting and what they are doing. This could be in the form of press releases and social media.
Evening – session time
• Capturing images / footage of activities taking place in the Youth Zone – ensuring young people have consent and these images can be used for all marketing activity
• Capturing stories of young people and successes – utilising the stories on the noticeboard and noting these in more detail for use during the day. Talking to the team about young people’s achievements so these can be shared with the Oldham community and beyond to raise our profile.
Mahdlo is based on Egerton Street in Oldham, a 5-minute walk from the tram stops (Oldham Central and Oldham Mumps) as well as Oldham Bus Station. We reimburse our volunteers' travel expenses up to the value of £5. We really appreciate our volunteers giving their time to help us be there for young people in Greater Manchester so get involved!
Minimum commitment level: Once a week
Start Date: 20-02-2018