We are proud of being a progressive employer. Our aim is to be a great place to work, where we respect work life balance, support individual training and learning and create a positive work environment where staff are supported and encouraged to do their best.
We are an independent charity that exists to represent the needs and views of all 38,000 plus students at Manchester Metropolitan University.
There has been a Students’ Union for what we now call Manchester Metropolitan University since the 1920s. Over the last one hundred years, the role of The Union and the part it plays in student education and wellbeing has grown and developed into the organisation we are today.
Students are at the heart of what we do.
Student Staff Opportunities - Catering Assistants and Supervisors
Are you looking for part time work?
The Union is currently recruiting Catering Assistants and Catering Supervisors to work in support of The Bar and The Salutation Inn at our Manchester site.
The roles will commence fully in September 2018, although some shifts will be available prior to this, once training has been completed.
We are looking for people who are:
- Passionate about delivering exceptional food.
- Focused on the customer with a desire to understand them better than anyone.
- Driven to achieve results through determination and commitment.
- Committed to treating people in a fair and consistent way.
- Willing to roll their sleeves up to get things done.
- Determined to respond positively to customer feedback.
- Motivated to work in partnership with others to achieve individual and team objectives.
- Adaptable and flexible to support operational demand.
- Devoted to seeking feedback on their performance and investing time in their own development.
In addition, you will require:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to be tactful, diplomatic, approachable, helpful and understanding.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to work on own initiative,
- The ability to learn quickly.
- The ability to work under pressure
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Previous relevant experience gained in a catering environment is not essential but would be a distinct advantage.
- Supervisory experience is desirable for supervisor roles, as would the ability to organize tasks based on their priority level.
Catering Assistant roles are paid at £8.78 per hour (inclusive of holiday pay).
Catering Supervisor roles are paid at £9.02 per hour (inclusive of holiday pay).
To apply, please complete the application form available to download below.
Completed applications should be clearly marked Catering Roles and returned to The Union, 21 Higher Cambridge Street, Manchester, M15 6AD or via email to email@example.com