Encircled by its protective wall, Dunham Massey is a green oasis nestled between the urban sprawl of Manchester and rural tranquillity of Cheshire.
The Georgian house is open Saturday to Wednesdays, and the park and garden are the ideal place to enjoy the ever-changing spring landscape.
We are looking for volunteers in the Learning team at Dunham Massey. Whether you’re exploring the natural world or investigating our local history, you’ll help to create an interactive and inspiring day out for young people.
By getting involved, you could...
· Be part of a friendly and dedicated team, committed to providing engaging and inspiring experiences for young people.
· Be part of bringing our property to life, by inspiring the next generation.
· Enjoy new experiences and learning something new every day.
· The chance to contribute to a forward thinking and proactive team of staff and volunteers.
· Share your enthusiasm for Dunham’s history and natural environment with young people.
· Gain experience in working with young people.
· Meet new people and share your knowledge.
· Engage with and work in local communities, including schools and other groups.
· Being an ambassador for the National Trust and keeping abreast of the organisation’s ambitions, strategy and motivations.
· Complying with the National Trust’s Values when volunteering for Dunham Massey.
· Develop a good knowledge of Dunham Massey and what’s on– both the daily offer and things coming up, including our ‘50 things to do before your 11 ¾’ list for children.
· Learning about Dunham Massey and its stories in order to bring it to life for students.
· Learning about the Dunham Massey environment and the wider estate and promote our conservation message to students.
· Facilitating activities for groups of students, in the garden, woodland, house or on the wider estate.
· Helping with the setting up and clearing up of rooms used for activities and bookings.
· Contributing to events during school holidays, keeping our offer exciting and relevant.
· Being aware of the needs of our diverse audience of visitors and the facilities we offer them.
· Attending relevant meetings and training days throughout the year.
This role will suit you if you are...
· Happy working in a team and can contribute to its success.
· Positive, proactive and forward thinking.
· Computer literate and comfortable with using the internet.
· Comfortable working with young people, and have a passion for inspiring others.
· Confident, enthusiastic and outgoing.
· Strong communicator with good customer service skills.
· Able to use your initiative, good at timekeeping and enjoy facilitating planned activities.
· You’ll receive induction and training to fulfil the role and understand the property.
· You’ll receive the correct equipment to carry out the role.
· We will cover the cost of expenses between home and Dunham Massey (Capped limit of 20 miles round trip).
· You will need to complete National Trust MyVolunteering on line training: induction, safeguarding, privacy and information security e-learning.
· You will need to keep up-to-date of newsletter notices relevant to you and your team.
· You will need to sign up on the rota on MyVolunteering, and keep up to date with emails.
Find out more
Please contact Dunham Massey on 01619411025, visit http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/dunham-massey or e-mail email@example.com.
About the National Trust
As Europe’s largest conservation charity, we help everyone across England, Wales and Northern Ireland enjoy all sorts of very special places for ever, for everyone. Become part of our fascinating story – volunteer.
Minimum commitment level: Once a month
Start Date: 19-04-2020
Start Time: 08:30 AM
End Date: 23-07-2020
End Time: 02:30 PM